Need dental crowns? Offered by Family Dental Associates in Port Orchard, WA, dental crowns are 'caps' that cover the outside of the teeth to correct a variety of dental issues. Read on to learn some of the benefits of these dental restorations, and give our Port Orchard office a call to receive treatment from Dr. Peter Grieser, Dr. Tracy Sullivan, or Dr. Kevin Yoder!
1. They can restore decayed teeth. Tooth decay is the destruction of tooth structure. Causes of decay include frequent snacking, bad oral hygiene, and drinking sugary beverages. Dental crowns are used to restore badly decayed teeth during a procedure in which the decayed parts are removed and the crowns are placed over the healthy structure.
2. They can enhance your smile. Due to how porcelain crowns resemble the translucency and luster of natural teeth, these restorations can actually improve the appearance of your smile! Your dentist can choose from over a dozen shades to give you a crown that is better matched to the color of your existing teeth.
3. They can protect your teeth. When teeth are severely damaged by tooth decay, infection, or trauma, they become much weaker. Luckily, dental crowns can protect your weakened or fractured teeth from further damage!
4. They can fix discolored teeth. If you use tobacco products or drink an excess of teeth, your teeth will darken over time. Certain medications such as antihistamines and drugs for high blood pressure can also majorly stain teeth. Crowns can cover your discolored teeth and keep them looking their best for years to come!
5. They can last a lifetime. On average, crowns last between 5 and 15 years. However, with proper care, dental crowns can last a lifetime! To help extend the longevity of your teeth, you should avoid such habits as clenching or grinding your teeth, biting your fingernails, biting hard candy or ice, and using your teeth to open packaging.
If you need dental crowns, call Family Dental Associates at (360) 895-4321 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Port Orchard, WA. Remember, healthy smiles are the happiest smiles!