Need veneers from your Port Orchard, WA, dentists, Drs. Peter A. Grieser, Tracy C. Sullivan, and Kevin L. Yoder?
Veneers beautify your smile by providing good tooth color, shape, and proper alignment. Veneers can improve any of the following characteristics, such as color; teeth become stained by foods and drinks, smoking, chewing tobacco and aging, size and shape; teeth become worn down from teeth grinding habits and naturally irregular-shaped teeth, and alignment and spacing; veneers can close small gaps between teeth and/or make minor adjustments to correct tooth alignment.
Veneers are a cosmetic dentistry procedure that are wafer-thin coverings bonded on the teeth's surface to replace tooth enamel. Veneers create a natural-looking surface when cemented to the surface of your teeth. Veneers, like natural tooth enamel, are tough and translucent, however, they do not stain like natural teeth.
Creating a New Smile with Veneers
The first step in creating a new smile with porcelain dental veneers is:
- Communicate exactly what you don't like about your smile and show your doctor an image of what you'd want your teeth to look like.
- Your teeth are prepared by removing a small amount of natural tooth enamel.
- Molds of your teeth will be taken and used by a dental laboratory to create veneers.
- You will receive a temporary set of veneers to wear for a few weeks until your permanent veneers are created.
- When veneers come back from the lab, they will be cemented onto your teeth.
Caring for Dental Veneers
- Gentle brushing and flossing every day to remove dental plaque and ensure good gum tissue health around veneers.
- Regular dental checkups at your Port Orchard dental office.
- As tough as veneers are, they may not be able to withstand extreme forces, like using your teeth to open packages.
- Use a nightguard if you have a teeth grinding problem.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, call your Port Orchard, WA, dentists, Drs. Peter A. Grieser, Tracy C. Sullivan, and Kevin L. Yoder, today!